What can you do to stay safe?

If violence or an assault is going on in your home right now – call 112. This will take you to SOS Alarm. They will ask you about what happened and where it is happening. They will make sure you get the help you need by sending the police or an ambulance, for example. If it is not an emergency situation, you can call the police using the phone number 114 14.

You can also contact Social Services in the city or municipality where you live. Social Services is responsible for ensuring that all children have a safe and secure home. Visit your municipality’s website and search for Social Services. If you live in Gothenburg, you will find contact details for Social Services in the district you live in here.

If you aren’t sure about what to do, you can talk to an adult you trust. For example, you can talk to a friend’s parents, a neighbour, the school counsellor or one of your teachers. They can help you get in touch with the police or Social Services.

You can call or email us at Ada Women’s Shelter and Young Women’s Empowerment Centre. Our phone number is 031-13 11 66. If we don’t answer, please leave a message and we will call you back. Our email address is info@kvinnojouren-ada.nu. You can also chat with us at Ada or any other young women’s empowerment centre in Sweden.

Others you can contact are:

BRIS – Children’s Rights in Society
Here, you can talk to an adult, and you can always remain anonymous. To email or chat with an adult at BRIS, visit their website www.bris.se. To talk to an adult by phone, call BRIS at the phone number 116 111.

BUP – Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Centre
At BUP, children and parents can get help with their problems. Follow this link to find the centre nearest you.